Happy Mother’s Day! Being a mother is truly hard work, so I don’t mind having down time to celebrate it for a day. Unlike my birthday, where it’s kind of embarrassing getting gifts just for growing older.
Speaking of time…when I think of what I would like for Mother’s Day this year, I think of time. I would like to freeze it; keep life square in this moment where my family is healthy and happy and we’re all excited about the future. Because, as we all know, change is inevitable.
So, since I can’t wave a magic wand and freeze time, I would love to test drive this baby:
Oh yeah! With this Cuisinart beauty I could chop, blend and puree myself into a food coma! Here’s the funny thing, I could just buy one and be done with it but I haven’t. Then I realized there are things that I’ve wanted for years and just will not buy. Why is this? I mean, I bought myself a spirooli for crying out loud, but I won’t buy matching bath towels?
It got me thinking: What other things have I just refused to buy? So here ya go:
TOP TEN THINGS I JUST WON’T BUY
10. A real fruit bowl (Plastic tupperware bowl anyone?)
9. A mousepad ( Poor mouse.)
8. Replacement flowers for the ones that perished in our backyard landscaping two years ago. R.I.P.
7. A feather duster (Okay, I just may be being lazy here.)
6. New kitchen knives (Ours don’t cut anything harder than bread. And it better not be stale bread.)
5. A new vaccuum cleaner (All the duct tape seems to be holding it together just fine.)
4. Yoga blocks & strap (After seven years, I’m still using the nasty gym ones. Yuk.)
3. Luggage (The old beat up black Walmart one gets the job done.)
2. Aforementioned matching bath towels (We’re still using the mishmash of colors and shapes from combining our households eleven years ago.)
1. Socks! *
*When it got chilly this winter my hubby got tired of me stealing his socks and bought me some of my own. Sad, right?
So, fess up! What do you just refuse to buy? And would you want someone to buy it for you for Mother’s Day?